Tomorrow, December 5, we celebrate the birthday of the “King of Disneyland” – Walt Disney. In honor of Walt’s birthday, we’re taking a look at our top 5 Walt Disney posts here on the Disney Parks Blog.
Top 5: Walt Disney
- Now and Then: Photos Taken Outside Walt’s Apartment – These photos show Walt’s apartment above the Disneyland Fire Department as it appeared in December 1956 and again in October 2009.
- Coffee With Walt – Share a cup of coffee with Walt in this photo taken at the Plaza Inn in 1966.
- A Special Treat: Espresso with Walt Disney – At another of Walt’s favorite coffee spots, the Creole Café (later renamed Café Orleans), the same espresso machine used then still stands today.
- Honoring the King of Disneyland – Check out this photo of Walt Disney standing on the Mark Twain in Disneyland park in July 1955, just days before the park officially opened to the public.
- A Unique Anniversary Party – Walt and Lillian Disney celebrated their anniversary with their daughters, Diane and Sharon, as well as other guests, including Spencer Tracy, Cary Grant and Gary Cooper, at the yet-to-be-opened Golden Horseshoe on July 13, 1955.