Earlier this month, we gave you a look at some of the amazing gingerbread creations that add flavor to the Walt Disney World Resort during the holiday season – but what about the more than 1,300 holiday trees we have on property? The miles of festive garland? Or the glittering displays of holiday lights?
Each year, Holiday Services works around the clock to “deck the halls” at each of our theme parks and resorts. To do so requires 150 truckloads of decorations, which they use to create some truly jaw-dropping holiday sights.
That said, here are my top-five suggestions for this year’s must-see holiday sights at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Castle Dream Lights at Magic Kingdom Park – If Cinderella could decorate her castle for the holidays, what décor would she choose? The look of glittering ice, just like that of her glass slippers; and Fairy Godmother appears each night to assist in the magical transformation.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights – This nightly display at Disney’s Hollywood Studios features 10 miles of twinkling lights that periodically “dance” along to holiday music.
- Larger-than-life holiday trees – Nothing says the holidays are here like a beautifully decorated tree – except perhaps a 45-foot-tall holiday tree. These towering symbols of the season can be seen at each theme park, Downtown Disney and at a few resorts.
- Holiday décor seen around the world – World Showcase that is. During the holidays, each international pavilion at Epcot is dressed up in décor inspired by its respective culture. For example, some holiday trees at the Germany Pavilion are decorated with gingerbread cookies and tiny nutcrackers.
- Resplendent resorts – Each resort boasts uniquely themed holiday décor, such as Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, where the holiday tree reflects the resort’s African theme with its woven baskets, beads and animal masks as ornaments.
Are you planning to see any of these sights?