I’m very proud to say that connecting with nature is an everyday passion for the 62,000 cast members at Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this commitment, cast members are challenging themselves this Earth Day to double the 10,000 conservation pledges they made last year to reduce their carbon footprint.
Inspired by the upcoming Earth Day release of the Disneynature film “African Cats,” cast members are focusing their efforts on making a difference for animals and nature. Connecting with nature can mean something different to each of us. But no matter how we answer the question, “What’s your nature?” all of us can help to protect the natural world.
Cast members hope to reach 20,000 pledges by adding one more environmentally-friendly commitment to their work and home routines. Some of their ideas include:
- Raising thermostats by two degrees in the summer and lowering them by two degrees in the winter.
- Using reusable shopping bags, utensils and drinking containers.
- Eating sustainably-caught or farmed seafood.
- Recycling anything and everything possible.
- Minimizing the use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Reducing water use by installing low-flow shower heads and turning off the faucet while brushing teeth.
Environmental conservation is a long journey. Take a look at the video to find out how five cast members carried out their pledge during the past year. You can get involved in conservation at www.disney.com/environment.