What do you get when you pair Walt Disney World fun facts and history? The Vintage Walt Disney World series! Check out some of these resort milestones we’ve featured on the Disney Parks Blog for all the history buffs out there!
Take 5: Vintage Walt Disney World
- Vintage Walt Disney World: A Festival of Fools – Fifteen years ago, the city of Paris came to life at the Backlot Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios as Quasimodo and friends took the stage for “The Hunchback of Notre Dame – A Musical Adventure.”
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Sunset Boulevard Emerges – Check out some aerial views of Disney’s Hollywood Studios as Sunset Boulevard was under construction nearly twenty years ago.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: ‘Chipmunks, Start Your Engines!’ – While professional racecar drivers have been racing at Indianapolis for 100 years, guests have been enjoying races of their own at the Tomorrowland Speedway since Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: The Meaning of ‘Contemporary’ – See how rooms have transformed at Disney’s Contemporary Resort since 1972.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Epcot 1982 – Take a look at this picture from April of 1982 that shows the Mexico Pavilion under construction in the World Showcase at Epcot.