Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them in the comments, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Meet-Up Event – we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 2 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. By 3 p.m. ET, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Galloway, he will also be available at the upcoming Expo on Thursday at Noon and 6 p.m. ET, Friday at 1 and 6 p.m., and Saturday at 3 and 4 p.m. ET. Also, there is additional Galloway training information at www.runDisney.com.
There’s something special about runDisney events that draws runners to Disney Parks time and time again. The upcoming 19th Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is a great example of magical moments for runners at Walt Disney World Resort.
To kick off the weekend, we’re once again hosting a Meet-Up and Warm Up with training tips from official runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway. The former Olympian will be joined by a surprise celebrity fitness guru who will offer cross training tips for runners, as well as other reality television celebrities.
Members of our entertainment team will also share a sneak peak of behind-the-scenes magic of runDisney events. With the recent announcement of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend, set to debut in 2012, there are plenty of entertaining tidbits to be shared.
For an opportunity to be selected to run-walk-run with Galloway at Walt Disney World Resort next Friday, RSVP right now to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Remember, only 40 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply ASAP.
Not one of the 40 participants selected this time? Post your training questions for Galloway in the comments and I’ll get him to answer a few of them on a future Disney Parks Blog post. You can also see Galloway at the upcoming Expo, held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, and at future runDisney events.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 7:30 a.m. start time on Friday, Jan. 6.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace.
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected runners. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.