‘Tis the season for extra kindness and giving! Here at Disney Parks and Resorts, community outreach is something that is held very near and dear to every cast member and the holiday season is no exception! Check out the posts below from the Disney Parks Blog to see all our good works! How have you been giving back?
Take 5: Holiday Community Outreach at Disney Parks and Resorts
- Disney VoluntEARS Serve Tamales for Good Cause – Here’s a recap about the Disney VoluntEARS participating in the Latino Health Access (LHA) Tamalada last week.
- Disney VoluntEARS Donate 30,000 Toys to Families in Need at Walt Disney World Resort – Earlier this month, Mickey Mouse and Disney VoluntEARS began to deliver a collection of more than 30,000 new toys to the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Central Florida Toys for Tots headquarters.
- Downtown Disney Holiday Trees to be Donated to Local Military Families – This Christmas, the joy of the holiday season will come in the form of a fully decorated tree to 17 local military families from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit!
- Disney Cast Members Pen Postcards of Thanks to U.S. Troops – Recognizing the efforts of the armed forces has become a year-round mission for some Disney VoluntEARS, who send notes of encouragement to U.S. troops just to let them know how much they are appreciated.
- Disney Feeds Campaign to End Hunger in Central Florida – With a gift perfect for Thanksgiving, Walt Disney World Resort delivered some special bushels of green yesterday to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida as part of ongoing efforts to help local families in need.
My friend’s husband works for UPS and his driver helper (temp seasonal worker) is going through very hard times. His only means of transportation (his bike) was stolen while he was at work. My friends husband posted online about the situation and since then has received a bike via friend as a donation. Also my friend and her husband have been collecting donations to give to the guy to help him through this tough time. The gentleman also has a daughter so between my friend and I we purchased toys and clothes so we know she will get somethings for christmas. 🙂