Get ready for another runDisney meet-up opportunity, adding some extra pixie dust to the inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort. This event marks the first time participants will get to run through Disneyland park as part of a runDisney meet-up.
In true race-weekend fashion, official runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway will lead the group on a two-mile journey through the park before offering training tips during the meet-and-greet. Running with the former Olympian is among several other surprises guests have come to expect at runDisney meet-ups.
For an opportunity to be selected to run-walk-run with Galloway at the Disneyland Resort next Saturday, RSVP right now to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only 30 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
You can also see Galloway at the upcoming Expo, held at the Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall, and at future runDisney events.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 6:30 a.m. PT start time on Saturday, Jan. 28.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace.
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected qualified applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for the event. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected runners. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up Event, and we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. By 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Galloway, he will also be available at the upcoming Expo on Friday at Noon and 6 p.m. PT and Saturday at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. PT. Also, there is additional Galloway training information at www.runDisney.com.
UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
Jeff’s a great guy, was great getting to see him at the DLand 1/2 meet up. Good luck everyone!
E-mail sent. I hope I get picked.
Good luck all you Tinberbell runners and I will see all of the Princesses in less than a month! I hope the bonus 2 miles goes well for the special 30! What am I saying, of course it will go well, YOU are the special 30!
Sign up my wife for her 1st 1/2 Marathon. Hope she get picked, she is so exicted for this race.
Given the nature of the event, I’m hoping to be picked as the token male for this!
So excited for the Tinkerbell 1/2 next year. I have been running for a few months now and have my eye on the 1/2. 🙂
Darn, didn’t get picked. Good luck to all the runners!
How were the attendees selected? I sent my RSVP request in at 11 am and 25 seconds…11:00:25….
I’m so excited! My name is on the list! I just hope I can keep up, lol.
Tired hard to watch for this… so missed it. I hope the attendees have fun.
Thank you so much for this opportunity! I had a great time and the highlight of my weekend was touring the Dream Suite! What a great surprize!!!