Happy New Year, everyone!
The year 2012 is finally here, which means that the debut of some exciting new guest offerings are only a few months (or even just a few weeks) away! Here’s a round-up of some of the upcoming openings and milestones we’ll be excited to share here on the Disney Parks Blog in 2012.
- Exotic Driving Experience – Later this month, the Richard Petty Driving Experience will debut a new guest offering that allows guests to experience riding in supercars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, and Porsche.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – This new interactive experience will debut at Magic Kingdom Park early this year (exact date TBA). The quest, which is included in the price of park admission, recruits guests to become apprentice sorcerers, and find and defeat villains in their hiding places within the park.
- The debut of Royal Guest Rooms – The newest offering in the line of Disney Story Rooms will open at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside this spring. A total of 512 themed rooms will feature regal accents, magical fireworks, and other nods to royal characters from favorite Disney films.
- The debut of the Disney Fantasy – Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship will set sail in March, and bring with it a host of exciting new cruising experiences, including an interactive quest called “The Case of the Stolen Show,” starring The Muppets.
- A 24-Hour Leap Day Celebration – For the first time ever, Magic Kingdom Park will stay open for 24 hours of fun as a part of a bicoastal event called “One More Disney Day.” The event will take place from Feb. 29 at 6 a.m., through March 1 at 6 a.m.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The first phase of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is set to debut in May. This resort will honor Disney’s milestones in animation with wings themed after “Finding Nemo,” “Cars,” “The Lion King” and “The Little Mermaid.”
- The first openings in New Fantasyland – Magic Kingdom Park is undergoing a major expansion of Fantasyland that includes the addition of several exciting new attractions, restaurants and more.
- Splitsville – A new 50,000-square-foot entertainment center will open in the West Side of Downtown Disney later this year to feature bowling, billiards, and dining.
Which are you most excited to read about?