Are you ready for some gospel music?
This Saturday, February 18, some powerful voices are included in your admission to Disney California Adventure park. In celebration of Black History Month, 14 gospel choirs from across Southern California will raise their voices to get you on your feet and clapping your hands. All performances take place at Stage 17 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
Here’s a schedule of the performing choirs:
- Friendship Baptist Church – Voices of Joy (Yorba Linda)
- Moreno Valley College Gospel Singers (Moreno Valley)
- New Spirit Baptist Church – Voices of Spirit (Santa Ana)
- Amazing Grace Conservatory (Los Angeles)
- Xtreme Purpose Choir (Pasadena)
- Cross Word Christian Church – Voices of the Word (Riverside)
- City of Refuge – Spirit of David (Gardena)
- Hearts of Psalms Gospel Choir (San Bernardino)
- Classic Souls for Christ (Bakersfield)
- Second Baptist Church Choir (Santa Ana)
- Greater Los Angeles Cathedral Choir (Los Angeles area)
- Friendship Baptist Church – Inspirational Voices (Yorba Linda)
- Mt. Rubidoux 7th Day Adventist Church Choir (Riverside)
- Greater Zion – Voices of Destiny (Compton)
My children and I happened upon this event last year at Disneyland. We didn’t know it was happening and we walk into a building and heard the most beautiful gospel music!!!! What a blessing.
We wont make it to Disneyland this February but NEXT February. I really hope this gospel event is there next year!!!!
Friendship Baptist church from my hometown! Nice church, nice people… Great choir!
Just when I think Disney is serving the same ol’ fun, they come up with something great – especially to cause me to go all the way to the backlot during construction!