Based on suggestions from fans of Davy Jones and The Monkees that they would love to see Micky Dolenz at this year’s Flower Power concert series, we agreed with fans that it would be a fitting way to remember Davy, who has been a mainstay of the event for more than a decade.
While winter is still in full swing, we at Walt Disney World Resort are already thinking of spring and the 19th annual Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, presented by HGTV! This year’s festival will run from March 7 to May 20, 2012, and will include favorite elements like beloved Disney character topiaries, “how to” demonstrations and presentations by HGTV and Disney experts, unique gardens themed to the countries of World Showcase, the Flower Power Concert series and much more.
The festival will include special activities for kids like Bambi’s Butterfly House, presented by HGTV; the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden; For the Birds, presented by Nature Conservancy; and unique play structures offer fun for the little ones—the Evos™ play systems for ages six and older and the Weevos™ play systems for ages two through five.
We are EXTREMELY excited to continue our relationship with HGTV, with their expertise and support of the festival returning for a second year. HGTV stars scheduled to appear this year include (Talent/dates subject to change):
- John Gidding, HGTV’s Curb Appeal—presenting March 9 – 11
- Sabrina Soto, HGTV’s The High Low Project—presenting March 16 – 18
- Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves—presenting March 23 – 25
- Camille Styles, HGTV.com Entertainment contributor—presenting March 30 – April 1
- Dan Faires, HGTV.com’s DanMade, Fan Favorite HGTV Design Star Season 5—presenting April 6 – 8
- Brandon Johnson, host of HGTV’s My Yard Goes Disney—presenting April 13 – 15
- Meg Caswell Holladay, HGTV’s Meg’s Great Rooms—presenting April 20 – 22
- Monica Pedersen, HGTV Dream Home 2012 and Designed to Sell—presenting April 27 – 29
- Antonio Ballatore, HGTV’s The Antonio Treatment—presenting May 4 – 6
- Carter Oosterhouse, Million Dollar Rooms–presenting May 11 – 13
- Genevieve Gorder, HGTV’s Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star—presenting May 18 – 20
Musical entertainment pairs perfectly with botanical beauty during the nightly Flower Power concert series. Enjoy a varied lineup of performers throughout the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, March 7 through May 20, 2012. The concerts will again groove-ify the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 5:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. throughout the festival dates. Scheduled to appear this year include (Talent/dates/times subject to change):
|March 9 to 11||Jose Feliciano||Light My Fire|
|March 16 to 18||Starship Starring Mickey Thomas||We Built This City|
|March 23 to 15||The Guess Who||American Woman|
|March 30 to April 1||The Spinners||Cupid|
|April 6 to 8||Chubby Checker & The Wildcats||The Twist|
|April 13 to 15||Paul Revere & The Raiders||Good Thing|
|April 20 to 22||The Turtles Featuring Flo & Eddie||Happy Together|
|April 27 to 29||NEW! CHUCK NEGRON, Formerly of Three Dog Night||Joy to the World|
|May 4 to 6||NEW! The Orchestra featuring former members of ELO and ELO Part II||Don’t Bring Me Down|
|May 11 to 13||Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone||I’m Henry VIII, I Am|
|May 18 to 20||Micky Dolenz||Last Train to Clarksville|
For more information on the festival, you can check out disneyworld.com/flower and continue to check back for more updates. See you in the spring.