Each week, we’ve been sharing some amazing behind-the-scenes peeks at the New Fantasyland expansion in our exclusive “All in the Details” series. And you better believe, there’s much more to share in the upcoming weeks. If you’ve missed any of the reports, here’s the best way to catch up – our most popular posts:
- All in the Details: A Castle Fit for a…Mermaid in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park – Feast your eyes on our first look at the exterior of Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid and Prince Eric’s Castle.
- All in the Details: Tinkering in Maurice’s Cottage at New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park – This blog post offered the first look inside Maurice’s Cottage, home of Belle and her tinkerer father.
- All in the Details: Step Inside the World of Belle Through Her Magic Mirror at Magic Kingdom Park – In this video blog post, our Imagineers offer the first look inside Enchanted Tales With Belle, a character interaction that has to be seen to be believed!
- All in the Details: A Peek Inside Belle’s Library in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park – This post offered the first look at details inside Belle’s library, part of the Enchanted Tales With Belle experience.
- All in the Details: Introducing Prince Eric’s Castle at Magic Kingdom Park – This post took an up-close look at the detailed work on Prince Eric’s Castle by the sea. The castle, and it’s surrounding rocky cliffs, will house Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid and Ariel’s Grotto character greeting.
The New Fantasyland area at Magic Kingdom Park will bring the stories of “Dumbo,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and The Beast,” “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and more, to life when it grand opens on December 6.
And this week, we shared a special look at the faces behind the familiar voices heard at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. Bill Rogers and his wife Camille Dixon showed us how they create these very special Disneyland Resort announcements.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week:
Then and Now: Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor at Disneyland Park – Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park has undergone quite a few changes since it first opened in 1955, but some things are still surprisingly the same.
‘Delicious Disney Holidays’ Newest in Cookbook Series –Joining “Delicious Disney Desserts” and “Delicious Disney Just for Kids,” the new “Delicious Disney Holidays” is the latest on the shelves in Disney stores. Take a look at the recipe for one of our favorites – sweet potato pancakes with honey-pecan butter.
Celebrate Epcot with Exclusive Disney Parks Blog Retro Wallpaper – We’ve been preparing for the 30th anniversary of Epcot here on the Disney Parks Blog; here’s a desktop wallpaper to help you celebrate this momentous occasion.
‘Frankenweenie’ Director Tim Burton Visits the Disneyland Resort – It’s not every day a major director like Tim Burton visits Disneyland Resort. Watch as he discusses the first animated film he’s directed for Disney, “Frankenweenie,” in this exclusive video interview
Disney Cruise Line Sneak Peek: Port Adventures in Venice – From a Disney-exclusive Evening Doge’s Palace Tour & Character Experience to the Gondolier For A Day Experience, here’s a peek at some of the one-of-a-kind adventures Disney Cruise Line is developing for guests in Venice.
Disney VoluntEARS Help Tow Away Hunger in Orange County, California – Disney VoluntEARS had “fuh-un” at the annual Orange County CANstruction event, where they spent nearly six hours “can-structing” our favorite tow truck, Mater. Take a look!