Starting today, it’s officially Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, and once again Jack Skellington has taken over the Haunted Mansion to create Haunted Mansion Holiday. Earlier this week, technical director Joe Peters gave us a tour as his crew completed the final touches on the 18-day transformation.
Here are some fun facts Joe told me about Haunted Mansion Holiday:
- More than 400 flickering candles create the Mansion’s eerie nighttime glow
- More than 100 jack-o-lanterns illuminate the exterior
- 7,500 feet of fresh snow is used each year
- At night, several guests have been able to spot Zero protecting the Mansion
- All the iconic black ravens that appear throughout the original Haunted Mansion experience have been replaced by Vampire Teddies except for one – do you know which?