We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.
Regular Blog readers already know that next year is a momentous year – with New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a re-imagined Disney California Adventure park. And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.
As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.
So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Here’s an idea:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
Can’t wait for long-lost friends and the Golden Horseshoe Revue!
Oh please, please, please release a list ASAP! My family would love to plan our next WDW vacation, but we want to make sure it will be during a week that we definitely won’t want to miss!
I’m loving the ideas so far, though! I do hope there’s a Walt week! 😉
I cannot wait until Villains Week!!!!I am certainly going to rearrange my schedule to make sure I can get down there!!!!
Is there somewhere you can go to see what all 52 weeks will be?
This is when I wish i wasn’t coming back until 2014! The Dapper Dans are amazing, and to hear them sing a song by my favorite band (One Direction) would be awesome. Could someone post a video?
Also, I would also like to see the return of Figment with another special request: Melody, Ariel’s daughter. I love Ariel sooo much that I’ve kind of adopted Melody’s name online.
LOVE the Lost Friends Weekend.
Let’s see who can come out to play…Esmerelda, Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck, Herculese, Meg, Hades, Robin Hood, Oswald, Ludwig VonDrake, Pete, Dumbo?, Max, King Leonidas, Timone, Mr. Fredrickson, Doug, Carl, The Gummy Bears, Launchpad McQuack, Baloo, John Smith, Suzy and Pearla, The old hag, The Cheshire Cat, Kim Possible, Flower…anybody else?
Limited Time Magic sounds like a wonderful idea to celebrate every week. I hope the full schedule gets released soon so we can start making plans.
I hope Disney realizes Disney Vacation Club members need months of notice to be able to attend events they like.
Please, please, please give us advance notice for the schedule.
oooooh, Figment, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
also, are these limited time events going to occur for an entire week at a time or just one day/weekend in each week?
146 days till Disneyland !!!! Looking forward to the magic !!!thanks for the post !!!!
Long Lost Friends? Rescue Rangers! Rescue Rangers!
Long Lost Friends? Roger Rabbit! Roger Rabbit! 🙂
I am glad to see a new theme for 2013. I hope the in between event weeks there will be other special activities.
I hope that they really go into the back and pull out the older characters. I mean Flik and Remy are not exactly common, but they are not really all that rare either. If you want rare, try finding pictures of characters from the 80’s like Oliver, Basil, Ratigan or Gurgi. I would also love to see some Disney Afternoon characters like Launchpad. And if you really want to guarantee my participation find Kingdom Hearts Goofy, Donald and Sora that appeared in WDW years ago. Goliath from Gargoyles too.
DARKWING DUCK!!!! PPLLEEAASSEE!!!!
I want to know when the Golden Horseshoe Review is as well.
YIPPEEE so im going to be there on nov 4-11 what is going to be going on dring then i have all my family going this time there is 12 of us
Boy,I wish I could go every month next year! I will be there for Valentines’ week,tho.YAAAAY!
I love that the Dapper Dans will be singing boy band songs…but I think they forgot a very important one…New Kids on the Block! I can’t imagine anything more exciting than my favorite Disneyland quartet singing songs from my favorite boy band. 🙂
So will there be new decorations around the theme parks representing the theme of the week for each week of 2013? Can we request a replay of “year of a million dreams”? (compressed into a week) 😀
Long lost friends I would like to SEE! Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Roger Rabbit, Orange Bird, Goliath from the Gargoyles cartoon, BEN from Treasure planet, Robin Hood! If anyone else agrees please post! Please have some of these characters I can still find the characters you listed above. 🙂 Have a magical day!
please bring back the Epbots, I think they would be fun to have back, being that i never went to EPCOT when they were there, but I’ve seen videos of them on you tube 😀
sounds interesting,and fun, will this be going on ir a weekly rotation, or will it just be a new thing every week?
I like the idea of the Long Lost Friends week (especially if Timon is there). Just tell us when it’s going to be. Not every Disney fan lives near Orlando or Los Angeles.
I would really love to see the characters from “Bolt” out in the parks!
I’m absolutely stoked to hear that the Golden Horseshoe Revue is returning! I’ve read so much about it and have seen videos on Youtube, but I never got to see it in person. This is truly something to be excited about!
Please please please bring Meet the Robinson’s Characters back!