It seems there’s always a new reason to visit Walt Disney World Resort – whether it’s the debut of a new guest offering, an update made to a favorite attraction, or the return of a fun annual event, there’s always something to do and see at our parks.
That said, here are 13 new reasons to visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2013.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes opened at Downtown Disney exactly two weeks ago on December 19. No doubt this new location will be a big draw for guests of all ages who love to bowl, dance, play pool and dine.
- Another recent debut is the Monsieur Paul restaurant in the France pavilion at Epcot. The restaurant now features a new menu created by Chef Francesco Santin.
- Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort just debuted to guests. I don’t know about you, but I hope to hit up this newly reimagined location for a facial or massage in the coming year.
- As Disney Parks Blog Author Tom Smith mentioned earlier, we’ll have a lot of fun surprises to look forward to in 2013 with Limited Time Magic.
- The Atlanta Braves will return to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for spring training, which means a chance to attend fun preseason games beginning February 22 against the Detroit Tigers.
- Characters from “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First” will be added into the “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on February 15.
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, its fun topiaries, and the Flower Power Concert Series will return for some spring fun March 6. As we previously shared, this year’s festival will also whisk guests back to the land of Oz.
- We’ve marked some milestone anniversaries at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot in the last two years. This spring, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will celebrate its 15th year.
- My fellow blog author Darrell Fry just announced that the Drew Brees Passing Academy and Tournament will be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, June 27-30. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for football fans!
- A newly updated California Grill will debut at Disney’s Contemporary Resort this summer (date TBA). In addition to decor, Chef Brian Piasecki is also tweaking the menu, which will continue to focus on fresh, seasonal creations.
- The 31st Night of Joy returns to Magic Kingdom Park September 6-7, this year featuring Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith as the main acts.
- Last fall, we shared the news that an interactive queue is coming to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom Park. Should be interesting to see exactly what materializes at this attraction in 2013.
- Princess Fairytale Hall, another new addition to Magic Kingdom Park, will open in New Fantasyland in 2013 (exact date TBA). This will be the new home for Disney princesses to meet their loyal subjects in the Magic Kingdom Park. To open in the Castle Courtyard in the center of Fantasyland, the regal space will provide the perfect setting for meeting Cinderella, and Aurora and the other Disney princesses.
Which event or new offering are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the “comments” section below.
Cannot wait for Princess Fairytale Hall!! Desperately hoping it will be open by our visit in late September 🙂
We are coming to WDW Feb 3-7. I sadly know we will miss the new Disney live line up with Sophia and Doc Mcstuffins. My four year old daughter adores them both. Will these two be available for any meet and greets these dates????
Desperately wanting info on the Feb Limited time events….would loveto know specific dates on the Valentines event….
I can’t wait to find out when the Fairy Tale Hall and the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ride will be opening in the New Fantasyland!!!
Can’t wait to see Thunder Mountain Railroad! It was closed last time we visited and it is our favorite ride! (ok, one of many favorites)
Is there any way to subscribe for special event notices for Tables in Wonderland dining events? are any ride dining events shceduled for 2013?? Hoping for the Great Movie Ride event!!!!! Thx!
Fairy Tale Hall, as we have a three year old princess in the family. 🙂
Any word on the 2013 wine and food festival in California Adventure? It was cancelled the last 2 years due to construction, and we miss it so much?
What I’m looking forward to most is NEW FANTASYLAND!!!
I also would like to know about the Food and wine festival. We are planning our trip around it but need to know the dates.
As soon as we know them, we’ll post them right here.
This year’s dates are Sept. 27, 2013 through Nov. 10, 2013!
Remy is at Chefs De France the other restaurant in the France Pavilion.
Jennifer, any word yet on the dates for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival? I know it is usually the month of October. Thanks!
Hi Mitchell! This year’s festival will run from Sept. 27, 2013 through Nov. 10, 2013.
#7 is enough.
I can’t wait to hear more about the Limited time magic. I wish we had a schedule or something so that we could plan ahead of time 🙂
Will Chef Remy appear at the new France restaurant in Epcot?
Does Remy still appear at the new restaurant in France?
Any word on what the dates of the 2013 Festival of the Masters are? I know it’s typically the second weekend of Nov, but I want confirmation before booking!
As soon as we know, we’ll share it here!