UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 2 p.m. PT, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 3 p.m. PT, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Gidus and Galloway, they will be available at the upcoming Tinker Bell Marathon Weekend Health and Fitness Expo. For more information, and additional Galloway and Gidus training details, please visit www.runDisney.com.
Looking to add an extra sprinkle of pixie dust to the upcoming Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney’s new official nutritionist Tara Gidus will help host a meet-up focused on fueling up for the big race.
Planned for Friday, January 18 at the Disneyland Resort, the early morning running event will also feature fitness star Ali Vincent, Jeff Galloway and other running personalities.
Space is limited. If you don’t want to be left out in the cold, RSVP right now to DLR.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only a limited number of qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All selected participants must be available for a 6:30 a.m. PT start time on Friday, Jan. 18.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid photo ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per individual. Applicants sending RSVP s from more than one email address will be disqualified.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual/celebrity appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we require that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase Theme Park admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected applicants. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
I witnessed the excitement as the Meet & Greet runners left California Adventure Park thru the California Grand Hotel Entrance! I am on my way to Princess to earn my Coast to Coast! Completing ALL Run Disney events is my goal!I would LOVE to add a Meetup to my challenge list! I teach Physical Education and Exercise Physiology…I would die to take back info from Jeff Galloway & Tara to my students! I have followed his program to complete the 5 RunDisney events I have done. Works like the MAGIC of Disney!!
Welcome to the blog Mr. Tony!
I was accepted to the meet up, RSVPed to the confirmation email, however, I received a message saying I had not RSVPed yet. I re-sent the email I had originally sent, but I want to make sure I am confirmed.
Thank you so much runDisney and Disney Sports! I’m so excited to be apart of the meet-up! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe travels to everyone headed to Anaheim next week. 🙂
I’m in! Yay! Will have to drive all night to get there, but it will be worth it.
Thank you! runDisney I got into the tinkhalfmeetup so excited! JeffGalloway and others thank you too! Can’t wait! Relax now…
So excited for this opportunity, my fingers are crossed!!
Hope we made it!!!