UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Princess Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. By 4 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 5 p.m. ET, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Gidus and Galloway, they will be available at the upcoming Princess Half Marathon Weekend Health and Fitness Expo. For more information, and additional Galloway and Gidus training details, please visit www.runDisney.com.
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo! And with that, Fairy Godmother has cast her spell to reveal the next runDisney Meet-Up.
Planned for Friday, February 22 at Walt Disney World Resort, the early morning running event will celebrate the inner princess in all our runners, as well as share training and health tips.
Actor and running enthusiast Sean Astin (“Rudy,” “The Goonies,” “The Lord of the Rings”) is planning to attend, along with fitness star Ali Vincent (“The Biggest Loser”), runDisney’s official training consultant Jeff Galloway and dietitian Tara Gidus.
Two celebrated runners will also be on hand, with defending Princess Half champion and back-to-back Disneyland Half winner Rachel Booth, along with two-time Paralympic track and field medalist April Holmes.
Space is limited. RSVPs should be sent to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only a limited number of qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
Our Meet-up/Tweet-ups have become wildly successful and each time the response has been overwhelming. Our goal for these events is to reward our faithful runDisney social media followers with a really cool morning of running – with the hopes that they will tweet, post and blog all about it, and continue to grow our runDisney fans. So if you haven’t been following us, now is the perfect time to add @runDisney to your list.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All selected participants must be available for a 7 a.m. ET start time on Friday, February 22.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid photo ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per individual. Applicants sending RSVP s from more than one email address will be disqualified.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual/celebrity appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we require that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email by 4 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected applicants. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
Thank you again for the invitation to the meet up on Friday! What a great event and I enjoyed meeting everyone and made new Princess friends. I opted for the run walk method with Jeff Galloway and I am now a huge fan of this method!
I know I’m late, but how does this work? I assume it’s announced and then you email to get on the list and then you get selected?
What time did this open for submissions? A little disappointed that it opened so early for west coasters. In any event, I’m sure it will be a great weekend! I’ll try again next time.
I am so excited to run my 5th Princess Half Marathon! It is amazing how the event has grown over the last five years. I love telling people about my favorite race! This weekend will be amazing and I really hope to start it off with this meet up! Good luck everyone and have a great run!
I got my e-mail in early, what a great surprise to wake up to. And now I have a reason to be thankful that my toddler wakes me up at 5am every morning! This looks like an awesome event, thanks for putting it on and good luck to everyone who entered!
Sent my email – really hope I have some pixie dust on my side and represent “teamrunDisney
This looks like an amazing opportunity! RSVP’s have been sent; we hope to see you on Friday morning. If not selected, we can’t wait to see the blog posts, tweets, and Facebook posts by others!
Good Morning! I have loved following this event on social media! I cannot wait until next weekend!
I am so excited for this event! runDisney you inspire so many to get out there and be active! This weekend is going to be truly magical! PrincessHalf bound!
Fingers crossed!!! Can’t wait!
Entered!! Hope I was early enough!!
Please let my Fairytale wish start today be getting into the Meetup!! Thank you RunDisney!!