If you’re visiting Walt Disney World Resort this week, here’s some of what you can look forward to:
- Magic Kingdom Park – Every day between now and July 7, Limited Time Magic presents a spirited procession marching just ahead of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade,” complete with marching band, Disney characters in colonial attire and Walt Disney’s historic 1907 horse-drawn calliope. And each night this week, the fireworks spectacular “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” rockets into the air above Cinderella Castle.
- Epcot – On July 4, enjoy a special concert of great American songs by Voices of Liberty at America Gardens Theater, and meet some favorite Disney characters in patriotic attire outside The American Adventure. That evening, “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” joins the celebration with a heart-pounding, pyrotechnic grand finale.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – A “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage July 4 features a DJ and house band, Mulch, Sweat and Shears, taking you on a rock ‘n roll road trip across America that culminates with the band playing live during that night’s fireworks spectacular. (Please note: Monsters University Homecoming will not be presented on July 4.)
At Disneyland Resort, you can enjoy these patriotic productions:
- Disneyland park – Head out to “Woody’s All-American Roundup” at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland, for Disney characters, fun activities and some “Red, White and Bluegrass” with Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. As part of Limited Time Magic, Mickey Mouse is appearing in Town Square each evening through July 7, dressed to impress in his patriotic best. And after you meet him, stick around for a performance of “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” fireworks.
- Disney California Adventure park – Don’t miss the patriotic pre-show to the spectacular “World of Color,” happening each night this week on the park’s Paradise Bay.
- Military Musicians – Disneyland Resort presents the largest gathering of military musical acts ever offered at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. Check Kevin Rafferty, Jr.’s recent post for all the details.
- “Glow with the Show” – Be sure to wear your “Glow with the Show” Ears (or pick up a pair)! These incredible, interactive Ear Hats will magically become part of both Fourth of July fireworks spectaculars at the Disneyland Resort – as well as shows like “World of Color,” Mad T Party and Fantasmic!
Be sure to check the entertainment schedule at each park for daily performance times.