UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. At approximately 2 p.m. PT, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at DLR.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 3 p.m. PT, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Tara Gidus and Jeff Galloway, they will also be available at the upcoming Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Expo. For more information, and also for additional Galloway and Gidus training details, please visit www.runDisney.com.
No time to say “hello, goodbye.” This is a very important date; one where you certainly won’t want to be late.
To get runners warmed up for Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, an early morning runDisney meet-up is planned for Friday, August 30, at the Disneyland Resort.
In case you’re “curiouser and curiouser” as to the details, we’re planning to have a couple of special guests, along with a teacup-ful of friends from Wonderland to help get the weekend started in a rather un-birthday-like manner. Of course, along with a few surprises, there will be a full deck of training experts, including Jeff Galloway and Tara Gidus.
Space is limited. If you don’t want to miss the party, RSVP right now to DLR.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only a limited number of qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All selected participants must be available for a 6 a.m. PT start time on Friday, August 30.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid photo ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per individual. Applicants sending RSVPs from more than one email address will be disqualified.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual/celebrity appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we require that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected applicants. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
Just curious what the impact of the race weekend will be on the park aside from the obvious increased number of people at the park?
I am planning a trip for that weekend and want to ensure my expectations are set correctly
Will there be rides closed, or sections closed or is all the racing happenign outside of park hours.
thanks so much for the reply/assistance.
Good luck to everyone trying to get in on this!!!!! Such a fun experience!!!!
I am WISHING on a BIG star this time!!