Ever since my first visit, Castaway Cay has been one of my absolute favorite travel destinations. I’ve been lucky enough to visit the island many times, including an overnight stay and a day there with only Disney friends for special projects. Along the way, I’ve discovered several ways to make a day at this paradise island even more magical.
Next time you cruise to Castaway Cay, I hope you find these insider tips helpful:
- Reserve the Castaway Cay Getaway Package, including snorkel equipment, a float and a bicycle, online or onboard prior to arrival at Castaway Cay. This discounted package is not available once you’re on the island.
- Leave your towels and strollers on the ship. Beach towels and beach-ready strollers and wagons are available for complimentary use on Castaway Cay.
- Wear plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for protection from the strong Bahamian rays. And if you forget these or any other beach essentials, pick them up at “Buy the Sea Shore” on the island.
- Check out the island’s character meet-and-greet schedule in your Personal Navigator. You won’t want to miss any of these picture-perfect photo ops!
- Bring cash to send mail from the Bahamian post office. At all Disney-run merchandise and beverage locations, you can charge directly to your stateroom account using your Key to the World card.
- Eat lunch on the island. A delicious all-you-care-to-eat lunch buffet is served (at no additional cost!) in three locations on Castaway Cay, so you can enjoy more time there without getting back on the ship for mealtime.
- Sneak away for some adult-only time, like a couple’s massage or relaxing in a hammock or lounge chair at Serenity Bay, while the kids hang out with our youth counselors. Your little ones will have a blast at Scuttle’s Cove and your older ones will love snorkeling, biking and kayaking on the teen-exclusive Wild Side adventure.
- Take a break from the sun under one of our many covered spaces. Relax at a shaded eating area, or hit up In Da Shade Game Pavilion to play games such as table tennis, foosball, billiards and basketball.
- Explore offshore with exciting, water-based Port Adventures. Parasailing, watercraft skiing, bottom fishing, a glass bottom boat ride or a narrated island cruise are all great ways to see the island from different vantage points.
- Get your exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise and gifts at “She Sells Sea Shells…and Everything Else”—and have Disney cruise staff deliver your purchases to the ship. You can only get Castaway Cay souvenirs on the island.
Coming up on Friday, I’ll give you my list for the top ten things to do on Castaway Cay. Until then, tell us, what are your best Castaway Cay insider tips?