To me, one of the most magical experiences at Disneyland park is watching the Rivers of America come to life during the nighttime spectacular, “Fantasmic!” You can’t help getting swept away watching Mickey Mouse as he commands water, lasers and fireworks in the epic finale. To make the most of this experience, I’ve got a few tips to share with you today:
- Arrive early – “Fantasmic!” is one of the most popular shows at the Disneyland Resort. Unlike the “World of Color” at Disney California Adventure park, the viewing area along the Rivers of America does not require a FASTPASS. But you should plan to get there early to make sure to snag the spot of your choice.
- Enjoying the fireworks from Frontierland – On select nights throughout the year, our fireworks spectaculars light up the night sky following “Fantasmic!” If you are in the “Fantasmic!” viewing location in Frontierland and want to enjoy the fireworks as well, don’t leave your spot – you’ll be able to fully experience the show right where you are!
- Finding the best spot to enjoy the show – The most popular viewing location for “Fantasmic!” is directly in the center; however, the show was designed to be viewed from all around the Rivers of America! Near the Haunted Mansion offers a little more space on most nights, so if you can’t find a spot, head over there. Also, if there are two shows on the evening you’ve selected, consider catching the second show. It often has more space available than the first performance.
- Adding some extra “magic” – If you have seen the show several times and are looking for a different way to journey along with Mickey’s imagination, this tip is for you. Become part of the show with your own “Glow with the Show” Ear hat, available at merchandise locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. These special ears interact with the show itself, flashing and changing colors in response to the various scenes – I especially like watching the ears interact with the battle between Mickey and Maleficent. Also, you can enjoy a reserved seat and a delicious dessert platter during the show with the Premium Viewing option. Call 714-781-SHOW (7469) for more information and booking.
- Navigating Disneyland park during “Fantasmic!” – If you’re not trying to catch the show and need to navigate New Orleans Square or Frontierland to get to another destination, just ask one of the cast members wearing a neon yellow shirt or jacket and holding a light-up baton. They will point you in the right direction.
Thank you, thank you! 😀
Perfect timing! I’m helping a friend plan her trip to DL for the first time, and I was just putting together some tips for her. This is a great reminder, thank you!
Check out these tips too:
Disneyland Resort Viewing Tips: ‘Pixar Play Parade’
Disneyland Resort Viewing Tips: ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade’
Disneyland Resort Viewing Tips: ‘World of Color’
Disneyland Resort Viewing Tips: ‘Magical’ Fireworks Spectacular
I didn’t know about the “Glow With the Show” ears! I’ll definitely have to get those next time. 🙂
Shhh. You can’t tell everyone our secrets! 😉
It’s just between me, you and a few million friends. 😉
Ahhhh…Needed this on Friday! Oh well, I’ll catch the show next time.
Sorry, Christie! Just save them for next time. 🙂