UPDATE: Our “Guardians of the Galaxy” Disney Parks Blog meet-up has been has been filled to capacity. Click here for a list of official attendees.
Sure, the “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie hits theaters in August but the Disney Parks Blog is providing a special opportunity to see it early. On Sunday, July 27, 2014, we’re hosting a “Guardians of the Galaxy” Disney Parks Blog meet-up at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 at Walt Disney World Resort.
“Guardians of the Galaxy” is an action-packed, epic space adventure where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunter after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
Our event begins at 10 a.m. on Sunday, July 27, in AMC Downtown Disney 24. At the meet-up, you’ll be able to watch the “Guardians of the Galaxy” in RealD 3D. Some of the meet-up attendees may be wearing Super Hero costumes (no masks) and it’d be great if you did too, subject to the costume guidelines below.
RSVP now by sending us an email titled “Guardians of the Galaxy’ Meet-Up” with your name, address and if you’ll be bringing a guest to WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of people will be able to attend the event, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, there are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” is rated PG-13.
- Costumes should adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney including:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon. Masks will not be permitted.
- Costumes are also subject to any rules posted or otherwise provided by AMC Downtown Disney 24 including without limitation the following AMC notice: “We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings.”
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send a confirmation email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the event.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 West Side for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
This post will be updated after the planned capacity has been reached.
Also, here are some other things to know:
- This is an advance screening of the film. Closed Captioning and Descriptive Video services may not be available.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING
The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Disney Destinations, LLC, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.