How often do you enjoy a multi-course meal for dinner? On a Disney cruise, you have the chance to every night! Appetizers are just as important to us as our entrees (and desserts!), so today I want to share with you one of my top choices for the first course – smoked salmon carpaccio. Topped with capers, shallots, pink peppercorns and dill honey mustard, believe me, it’s as tasty as it looks!
Check out the full recipe below and download our keepsake recipe card here. Enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Carpaccio
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. pink peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup clear honey
- 1 tbsp. picked dill for honey mustard
- 1 tsp. picked dill for garnish
Dill Honey Mustard
- Finely slice the fresh dill and mix with the honey and mustard. Chill until time to serve.
- Lay the smoked salmon on the plate, slightly overlapped, to create one uniform layer, leaving ½ inch of space between the fish and plate rim.
- Neatly arrange the finely chopped shallots, capers and pink peppercorns on top of the smoked salmon in an even pattern.
- Using the tip of a teaspoon, place 8 dots of the dill honey mustard on top of the smoked salmon in an asymmetrical pattern and garnish with the picked dill as per picture.
For more summer recipes from Disney Cruise Line, click the links below:
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Tomato Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Cajun Shrimp Slaw
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Guava Glazed Barbecue Ribs
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Summer Pudding
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Seafood Paella
- Savoring the Flavors of the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line