Serving fish can be intimidating since it is so easy to overcook. That’s one of the reasons I love our recipe for yellowfin tuna, since all it takes is a quick sear on both sides. Complemented with a delicious ponzu glaze, bok choy, soybeans and rice noodles, this Asian-inspired meal is yet another way we bring flavors from around the world onboard the Disney Cruise Line ships!
Check out the full recipe below and download our keepsake recipe card here. Enjoy!
Skill Level: Moderate
Time: 1 hour
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks (¾ cup ea.)
- 1 bok choy
- ½ cup soybeans
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. rice noodles
- ¹/³ cup olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds (toasted)
- Sear the tuna steak in a heated skillet with olive oil on both sides
(approx 1 minute each side).
Bok Choy and Soybeans
- Heat with olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté bok choy and soybeans for 2–3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the ingredients to a hot saucepan and reduce until thick.
If necessary, use a little cornstarch to thicken. Set aside.
- In a medium stock pot, bring water, olive oil and salt to a boil. Drop noodles in and watch closely (they cook very quickly).
- Splash with seasoned iced water to cool. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, reheat in a pan and season with salt, pepper and black sesame seeds.
- Lay the tossed vegetables on the center of the plate.
- Roll the rice noodles on a fork and place on top of the vegetables lengthwise.
- Gently lay the tuna steak against the noodles.
- Spoon the ponzu glaze onto the bottom of the plate.
- Garnish with a light sprinkle of sesame seeds.
For more summer recipes from Disney Cruise Line, visit the posts below:
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Smoked Salmon Carpaccio
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Tomato Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Cajun Shrimp Slaw
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Guava Glazed Barbecue Ribs
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Summer Pudding
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Seafood Paella
- Savoring the Flavors of the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line
Check the recipe for the error:
“3/4 cup ea.” for tuna steaks. Maybe 3/4 pound each?
I’m really curious on which ships and cruise you have this great meal on the menu ?! We will be on two Fantasy cruises in just more than two weeks and I would love to have this meal,,, will it be available on the Fantasy ? Or which cruise must I take to try this ?
Thanks for this great recipe Chef Walker!