When it comes to my sisters, I like warm hugs. But on this National Sisters Day, it was clear an “icy reception” by “Frozen” royalty Anna and Elsa at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was the warmest way to celebrate sisterhood. The pair welcomed a group of girls from Central Florida nonprofit Girls, Inc. for “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE” today … and these “sisters in spirit” couldn’t have been more elated!
As one of four sisters, I couldn’t help but giggle along with this gaggle of 12 girls, ages 8-12, as they took part in a special ice-skating session, played in the snow and built a snowman. After watching a procession of guests in “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome,” the girls enjoyed front row views at the special sing-along moment.
And the singing continued as the girls belted out “Let It Go” and other favorite tunes from the movie during “A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.”
Known for inspiring girls to be strong, smart and bold – just like Elsa and Anna – Girls, Inc. is a Disney Grant recipient that provides mentors to guide them, peers who share their drive and an encouraging, girls-only environment. With Disney’s support, the organization develops programs that encourage girls’ academic achievement and character development, as well as promoting literacy and cultural arts.
Two spirited royal sisters and a group of Central Florida girls who are bravely pursuing their dreams… Put ‘em together, it just makes sense.
For more information about “Frozen” fun this summer, see the posts below:
- Five Things to Love About ‘Frozen’ Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Inaugural ‘Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome’ Parades Through Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Ice Skating Begins July 5 at Oaken’s Frozen Funland at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Book Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- This Week in Disney Parks Photos: A ‘Frozen’ Summer Is On Its Way