Pirate Night is one of the most talked about parts of a Disney cruise and a great way to show your Disney Side out at sea. During most voyages, we give landlubbers of all ages the chance to act like true seafaring “scoundrels” for an entire evening (without the possibility of having to walk the plank, of course!)
Here are my tips for how you can embrace the pirate lifestyle and make the most of the night’s swashbuckling festivities on your next Disney cruise:
- Brush up on your pirate speak before the cruise. Practicing the delivery of your “ahoy matey” and “yo ho, yo ho” is the best way to ensure the respect of your fellow sailors.
- Pack the garb that best reveals your pirate style. Are you a sophisticated pirate? Consider a suede vest and a satin sash to tie your outfit together. A rambunctious pirate? An eye patch and a plastic sword are essential accessories for your evening attire.
- Spoil your little ones with a trip to The Pirate’s League when sailing on the Disney Fantasy. This ship’s exclusive Bibiddi Bobbidi Boutique transforms on Pirate Night to a place where children can be done up with beards and bandanas, swords and scars and earrings and eye patches. Mini pirate makeovers are also available on our other ships.
- Get a family photo with Jack Sparrow, Pirate Mickey or one of their best mates. How cool would that photo be for this year’s holiday card? And for those of you tweeters, you may even be retweeted by @DisneyCruise if you tag us and include #DCLPhotos.
- Party like a pirate as Mickey’s Pirate Crew leads you in swashbuckling line dances. Kick up your heels and rock out to pirate-themed tunes with the coolest gang of pirates you’ll ever encounter!
- Fill your belly with delicious pirate grub. As tempting as it will be to snack on ice cream and chicken fingers all afternoon, be sure to save room for tasty eats off our special dinner menu, like Captain Hook’s Macadamia Nut Dusted Mahi Mahi and Pirates Golden “Pot Stickers.”
- Do not, I repeat, DO NOT miss the night’s famous buccaneer bash up on deck. A live-action pirate showdown between the good guys and villains culminates with a spectacular display of piratical pyrotechnics – fireworks at sea like only Disney can do!
- Show off the skills you learned earlier in the night at “Club Pirate,” an open-air dance party for the whole family. It’s your final chance to unleash your inner pirate and dance your boots off!
- End your evening with a full plate at the late-night pirate buffet. All that dancing is sure to work up your appetite for a mouthwatering jumbo turkey leg!
Disney cruisers, what other tips do you have for making the most of Pirate Night?