Hellu iferybudy, tudey zee Swedish Chef veell shoo yuoo—let’s try that again—Hello everybody, today the Swedish Chef will show you how to re-create Shrimp Tacos from Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at home. Don’t worry, we provide subtitles. Bork Bork Bork!
In case you couldn’t understand Swedish Chef, here is the recipe so you can make Shrimp Tacos at home:
Tacos de Camarones (Shrimp Tacos)
Makes 10 (6-inch) tacos
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 7.5 ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, puréed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, about 30 to 35 shrimp
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup favorite salsa verde
For chipotle sauce:
- Mix mayonnaise and puréed chipotle peppers in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
For tempura shrimp:
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375˚F in a deep fryer.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy and light. Do not overbeat. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, parsley, paprika, baking powder, garlic powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add water and egg white; mix until smooth.
- Add shrimp and toss until fully covered with batter.
- Drop 6 to 8 at a time in hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove fried shrimp and drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise on flour tortilla and place 3 shrimp down middle. Top with small handful of cabbage and drizzle with salsa verde.