Star Wars Weekends 2015 returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort on Friday, May 15. To kick off this event, Disney Theme Park Merchandise is holding a special ticketed event called “Galactic Gathering” on Thursday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Similar to the “Rebel Rendezvous” event held last year, this year’s event will give guests the first opportunity to purchase new products created especially for Star Wars Weekends.
Packages for the Galactic Gathering will include the following:
- ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand (Guests can choose their side when registering online)*
- Commemorative trading pin*
- Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass which gives expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends.*
- First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation.
- First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
- Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
Guests who attend this event will also have the opportunity to meet Disney characters, Disney Design Group Artists and Ashley Eckstein from Her Universe.
Finally, attendees will be some of the first to purchase the new figures for Star Wars D-Tech Me including a Jedi Knight and a TIE-Fighter pilot.
Tickets to this event are $250 per guest (theme park admission is not included but required to participate in this event).
Registration will begin on March 4 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on http://www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.
I hope to see you there!
*These items will only be available to Galactic Gathering attendees.
The number of packages available is limited and available while supplies last on a first come, first serve basis. Event package and content are not subject to discounts. Appearances are subject to space and time availability and are not guaranteed. Tickets are non-refundable. Event information subject to change without notice.