UPDATE #1: This event has reached capacity. Please stay tuned for a list of confirmed RSVPs.
UPDATE #2: Click here for a list of confirmed RSVPs. If you do not receive a confirmation email by noon on March 5, please email WDW.BlogMeetups@Disney.com.
As promised, we’re inviting Disney Parks Blog readers to a royal celebration of Disney’s new live-action film, “Cinderella” at the Walt Disney World Resort. On March 7, 2015, you have the opportunity to be part of a special preview screening of “Cinderella” and participate in a special reception at AMC Downtown Disney 24.
The event begins at 11 a.m. EST (doors open at 10 a.m.) at AMC Downtown Disney 24 on Saturday, March 7, 2015. Attendees will be among the first to see the film inspired by Disney’s 1950 animated masterpiece. You’re also encouraged to dress as your favorite prince or princess, subject to the costume guidelines below.
Directed by Academy Award®-nominee Kenneth Branagh and Screenplay by Chris Weitz, “Cinderella” stars Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett as the infamous wicked stepmother, Lily James in the title role, Richard Madden as the Prince, and Academy Award-nominee Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother.
RSVP for the meet-up now by sending us an email with your name, address and if you’ll be bringing a guest to WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com.
Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees will be able to attend the event, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, there are a few things you should know:
- All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Disney “Cinderella” is rated PG.
- We will send a confirmation email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the event.
- Event confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 West Side for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Costumes should adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney including:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon. Masks will not be permitted.
- Costumes are also subject to any rules posted or otherwise provided by AMC Downtown Disney 24 including without limitation the following AMC notice: “We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings.”
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
This is an advance screening of the film. Closed Captioning and Descriptive Video services may not be available. Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Disney Destinations, LLC, its affiliates and the theatre are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time. NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras and phones) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Disney Destinations, LLC, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
Bummer, 3 days before I get there. The Disneyland one looked amazing and loads of fun. Hope everyone has an amazing time!
Went to the preview tonight at Disneyland Resort. LOVED the movie. Thank you Disney for the movie, popcorn, drink and reception. Richard Madden and Lily James showed up at the reception. It was magical!
Super bummed I didn’t see this in time. I guess I’ll just have to wait SIX WHOLE DAYS (nooooo!) like everyone else. Haha.
Wooooooohooooo! Thank you Thank you Thank you!
This looks like so much fun! Hope I get in with my mom!
I would love to come with my nine year old daughter dressed up as Tinkerbell with my handmade foam wig and I as Elza with foam wig, but I assume you do not pay for the flight tickets too?
Usually I’d jump on this, but I was fortunate enough to be able to take my whole family to see it yesterday at Downtown Disney AMC Orlando courtesy of D23! It’s a very well made and fun movie for the whole family.
Enjoy Disney Parks Blog readers!