As we reflect on all we’ve accomplished with the community over the past 60 years, our dazzling Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration presents us with the opportunity to inspire the next generation of leaders right here in Orange County. In that spirit, Disneyland Resort donated more than $60,000 in scholarship funds to support the pursuit of higher education.
Last night, during a special ceremony held at the Main Street Opera House in Disneyland park, we presented 11 nonprofit organizations dedicated to serving diverse students with funds supporting their scholarship efforts. Organizations included:
- 100 Black Men of Orange County
- American Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- California State University, Fullerton Hispanic Scholarship
- Hispanic Education Endowment Fund (HEEF)
- National Hispanic Business Woman Association (NHBWA)
- OC Black Chamber
- OC Hispanic Chamber Education Foundation
- Orange County Asian and Pacific Islander Community Alliance (OCAPICA)
- Santa Ana College
- Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce
The reception culminated with a viewing of the new “Paint the Night” parade. On behalf of the Disneyland Resort, thank you to all of the organizations for promoting the importance of education among our youth. Keep up the dazzling work!