Next week, Magic Kingdom Park is going to stay open from 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, to 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, to celebrate the beginning of the “Coolest Summer Ever!” And everyone’s favorite snowman Olaf is inviting you to “Snow Your Disney Side” with a whole day (and night) full of magic.
In addition to all your usual favorite characters and shows at the park, our Creative Entertainment team is also pulling together a full roster of amazing, unique entertainment experiences that will definitely make this day one of the coolest ever!
- The extravaganza kicks off with some very special appearances in the Welcome Show as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf join the rest of the gang welcoming everyone into the park.
- A Flag Raising ceremony will be held at dawn in Town Square, featuring the Reedy Creek Honor Guard.
- Some of your favorite stars from Disney Channel will be joining us as Grand Marshals for the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” at 3 p.m.
- Over in Tomorrowland, Disney Channel Club Chill takes over Rockettower Plaza Stage from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., with DJ Frost leading a dance party with music videos from Disney Channel stars and sneak peeks of upcoming Disney Channel Original Movies “Teen Beach 2” and “Descendants.”
- Once things cool down in Tomorrowland, Rockettower Plaza switches gears for sing-along screenings of Disney’s “Frozen” from midnight – 4 a.m.
- There’s even more “Frozen” fun in store, when Olaf, Kristoff, Anna and Elsa put Magic Kingdom Park “on ice” with pre-parade appearances just ahead of the 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- Looking to dance the night away? You can join some of your Disney pals – all dressed in their PJs – at one of two late-night dance parties. Kick up your heels at the Frontierland Dance Party, near Country Bear Jamboree, from 2 a.m. – 6 a.m. At Cinderella Castle, Disney’s “Up All Night” Dance Party keeps things hopping from 2:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. with awesome DJ, stiltwalkers and lots of fun party people!
- As that 24th hour comes to a close, make your way to Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., for a special finale moment with Mickey and the gang that you won’t want to miss.
Be sure to check back here throughout the day on Friday, May 22, as Disney Parks Blog brings you all the action, live from the “Coolest Summer Ever!” Will you be joining us? What part of the event sounds the coolest to you? Let us know in the comments.
Do you think if I plan to head to DL around midnight Saturday I will be able to get in? I would hate to miss the festivities!!
Will Walt Disney World be getting a pin to purchase for the 24 hour event?
Can you get some sound on that webcam? It’s not hard.
We will be there. 4 more days to go. Not sure if we will do 24 hours, but on the 23rd of May is my birthday so I’m just excited to be there for my birthday.
I was truly hoping for unusual character appearances. Would love to see Bowler Hat guy! After that, our next priority would be fun food/drink options or unusual purchases. Is there a link to the food and merch offerings yet?
Only two words to describe this. 1. Sad 2. Disappointed.
I have an ADR for Crystal Palace at 6:15am…will I be able to get into the park before 6:00am to check in so I don’t lose my reservation?
So excited! Will the Disney Channel and Disney XD stars just be in the 3:00 performance of the parade? Not the 12:00?
I am really excited about this, went to Monstrous Summer, what a blast. Best thing every was singing goodbye in Town Square at the end.
I’m saddened that there won’t be any special characters, but I’m mostly interested in the food and merch, anyway. And seeing the amazing Disneyland 24-hour pin, makes me wish so much that it’s going to be available at WDW also!
I hope we get the same great treatment as Disney World is getting. I’m getting antsy waiting to hear about Disneyland’s plans.
Why won’t there be any special character meet and greets this year? That was the best part of last year’s party.
Any word on characters?
Excellent News. I’d also like to get a peek at the special merchandise and food offerings we’ll see that night.
Will there be any special character meet and greets like last year?
Rebecca – While no specific character greetings are planned as part of this year’s event, there will be plenty of Disney characters available for you to meet throughout the Magic Kingdom! Be sure you stop into Town Square Theatre on Main Street and share a few words with Mickey – it’s a truly magical experience!
Dining venue schedules have been listed on the official WDW website for the 22nd.
yay, its getting closer! now to wait for the food and merchandise info for that night! 🙂