The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is almost here! The party kicks off Friday, May 22, at 6 a.m. and continues for 24 hours, through 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, with multi-faceted entertainment experiences at both Disneyland Resort theme parks and the official debut of the three new spectaculars created just for the celebration.
In addition to the already stellar entertainment lineup at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, here are some of the other highlights planned for Friday:
- The parks open at 6 a.m. with countdown moments featuring some of your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey and the gang in their sparkly new Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration outfits.
- Throughout the parks, you can mark the hours at special celebration photo spots.
- Beginning at 6 p.m., join us in the Main Street Opera House for a sing-along screening of Walt Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins.” If you miss it then (or just can’t get enough), the “Mary Poppins” sing-along will be presented again at 10 p.m., 12:45 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
- Over at Tomorrowland Theater, you can catch the sneak peek of scenes from the “Tomorrowland” movie during the day, and then return at 10 p.m. or 3 a.m. for a full-length screening of “Guardians of the Galaxy.” We’ll also be showing “The Avengers” in the Tomorrowland Theater at 12:15 a.m.
- If live music is your thing, we’ll have a band playing retro hits on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage beginning at 7 p.m. and the Royal Swing Big Band Ball in Fantasy Faire, with four sets starting at 10:30 p.m.
- The “Paint the Night” parade will be presented twice for its opening night, at 8:50 p.m. and 1 a.m., with the premiere of “Disneyland Forever” fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- After all that, you can hit the dance floor to the DJ mix at TLT Dance CLUB in Tomorrowland from 12:30 a.m. – 5 a.m., or head over to Mickey’s Toontown for a Pajama Party with your pals, starting at midnight and continuing into the wee hours of the morning.
- At Disney California Adventure park, the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” will have three showings at 9 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Over at Pacific Wharf, a DJ spices things up with a Latin dance party from 10:45 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Join the Mad T Party Band for the new Diamond Mad T Party in Hollywood Land from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m., and stick around as the White Rabbit DJ keeps things hopping ‘til morning.
Of course, Disney Parks Blog will be bringing you all the action as it happens that day, with updates and live streams from across the Disneyland Resort, so be sure to join us!
For Mickey’s Toontown Pajama Party, will Micky and friends be out. I wanted to know to take my 2 years son. Thanks
how do you get tickets to see the Avengers showing?
Tiffany – The movie screenings tomorrow are included with regular admission to Disneyland Park. No separate ticket is required.
Sounds like fun! Are there any things going on for the 24 hour celebration that I won’t be able to see any other day after 5/22?
Chris – The movie screenings, sing-alongs, dance parties and Mickey’s Toontown Pajama Party are all exclusive to the 24 hour day.
I am new comer to blogging so can someone tell me how I can watch the live feed tomorrow night? Is this the website to view it?
Jason – Yes! Just come back here to Disney Parks Blog for links to all the live streams from both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
Woooo!!Hooo!! Can’t wait
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to make it to the event, but we’ll be surprising our kids with the live webcast of the parade and fireworks on the 21st. Do you know if they plan on having a live webcast of the new iteration of World of Color as well?
While it doesn’t bother me or my wife because we have premium annual passes but a lot of our Southern California friends with So. Cal annual passes are more than a little upset that they’ve been blocked out of the event.
Anyway, it looks like we’ll be having a fun time!!
Our first 24 hour event and we can not wait!!!! SO MUCH TO DO!!!!