Tomorrow is National Hot Dog Day, but at Disney Parks we celebrate year-round! Did you know Walt Disney Parks and Resorts guests enjoy more than 6.4 million hot dogs annually? In honor of National Hot Dog Day, I’m sharing my Top 5 hot dogs from coast to coast:
- Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog (Restaurantosaurus, Disney’s Animal Kingdom): This dog is topped with creamy macaroni and cheese and bacon bits, sure to satisfy your prehistoric hunger.
- Vegetarian Portobello-Mushroom Philly (Award Wieners, Disney California Adventure park): Even carnivores will love this dish with grilled Portobello, onions and bell peppers sautéed in Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and topped with pepper jack cheese.
- Frankfurter in a Pretzel Roll (Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner, Disney’s Hollywood Studios): This dog is perfect when you’re on the go, the Dijon mustard inside the roll will help keep you mess-free for your silver screen debut.
- Chili-Cheese Dog (Refreshment Corner, Disneyland park): Combining Walt Disney’s love for chili with an all-American hot dog, this classic might be the perfect Disneyland tribute.
- Barbecued Pork and Coleslaw Gourmet Hot Dog (Casey’s Corner, Magic Kingdom Park): Topped with barbecued pulled pork and refreshing coleslaw, this hearty dog begs to be enjoyed picnic-style in the new Hub grass area.
How will you celebrate National Hot Dog Day?
Can we get #5 out here in Anaheim permanently? It’s been offered on special occasions like the 24 hr event in May but they sold out before we could get one. My hubby has wanted another one since our Honeymoon in 2013! Help a foodie out!
Hi Janelle, I’m glad to hear you and your husband love the Barbecued Pork and Coleslaw Gourmet Hot Dog! Keep an eye out… you never know, it might return in the future. 😉
Im going back to WDW in Sept. Cant wait to go back to Casey’s Corner for one of there hotdogs. The Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog sounds really good though. I might have to try that one too.
Why not try both? 🙂
Umm, can we get the hot dogs and all other chicken and turkey products to be nitrate free? There are many people who would love to eat these things, but can’t handle the nitrates and nitrates are bad for your health anyway.
As much as I love the Portabello-Mushroom Philly, I really wish I could get a Veggie-dog in a Disney Park.I’m not sure why you don’t offer any.