Just last week I embarked on the Disney Wonder, marking my first season in Alaska as Cruise Director. I’ve traveled to some pretty spectacular places with Disney Cruise Line, but I have to say that Alaska is now at the top of my list. Where else can you capture spectacular photos of a family of brown bears and have a 12-foot Orca whale swim right under your catamaran, all before enjoying your noon lobster bisque in downtown Juneau?
If you know anything about Alaska, you know it’s famous for stunning scenery and endless outdoor adventures. Not to mention it is brimming with opportunities to spot wildlife and experience native culture. I could go on all day about the many reasons why Alaska tops my list, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are a few that might inspire thousands of descriptors. Take a look at these 20 awe-inspiring photos of a Disney cruise to Alaska:
We’re sailing from Vancouver to Alaska for about another month, so I hope I have the chance to meet many of you onboard (or maybe even run into you on an adventure in port!) If you aren’t able to join us here this summer, I have good news for you: we’re returning to America’s Last Frontier in 2016!
To learn more about a Disney cruise to Alaska, check out these past posts with videos:
- Discover a Disney Cruise to Alaska in One Minute
- Conversation with the Disney Alaska Cruise Director
- A Mom’s Take: Cruising with Disney to Alaska
- A Mom’s Take: Wilderness and Wildlife Adventures in Alaska with Disney Cruise Line
- A Mom’s Take: Adrenaline Pumping Alaskan Adventures with Disney Cruise Line
- A Mom’s Take: Making the Most of Your Days in Alaskan Ports With Disney Cruise Line
- A Mom’s Take: Immersing Your Family in the Culture and Cuisine of Alaska
- A Mom’s Take: Top 5 Disney Alaska Cruise Tips
- A Mom’s Take: A Wild Ride in the Great Alaskan Frontier with Disney Cruise Line
- A Mom’s Take: Packing for a Disney Cruise to Alaska