Last month on the Disney Parks Blog, we announced breakfast would be coming to Garden Grill Restaurant beginning November 8. Today, I have a deliciously easy recipe to share from this new dining experience: Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake. This new signature item is ooey-gooey and sure to be something the whole family will love.
For reservations, visit DisneyWorld.com/dine or call 407-WDW-DINE.
Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
Yield 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
For sweet cinnamon dough:
- Heat milk in small sauce pan to 90 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat, add cake (fresh) yeast, whisk until dissolved, set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs and flour in large bowl, until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture slowly, stirring until dough comes easily away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in large bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Coat bottom and sides of 12 inch cake pan or 9 x 13 inch pan with butter.
- Punch down dough, knead it a few times, roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon smear over dough. Roll up dough beginning at the 15-inch side and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, quarter each slice, place pieces close together in pan.
- Cover, let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bun.