For many guests, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a highlight of the fall season here at Walt Disney World Resort. The event, which is back for its 20th season, offers up a ton of Halloween fun – from special entertainment to treats and fun photo opps.
That said, here are 13 reasons why you should consider adding Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party to your list this fall.
- “Happy HalloWishes” Fireworks – The sky will light up with ghoulish delight during this Halloween-themed fireworks spectacular.
- “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade” – This parade is a must-see for Halloween fans and features a plethora of Disney characters in costumes, special themed floats for The Haunted Mansion and Captain Jack Sparrow, and much more.
- New “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” Show – In this new show, the Disney villains create the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion that will cast a spell on everyone in Magic Kingdom Park. Villains you can expect to see in the show include the Sanderson Sisters, Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie and Maleficent, among others.
- Ghoulish Goodies – Magic Kingdom Park will stock its candy counter with Halloween themed cupcakes and more.
- Disney Characters in Halloween Costumes – Disney’s finest will attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dressed in their Halloween best. Don’t miss spying them in the parade or at their character greeting locations.
- Disney Character Greetings – Speaking of character greetings, this is the only time of year you can meet Jack Skellington and his beloved, Sally.
- Trick-Or-Treating for All Ages – Guests of all ages are welcome to trick-or-treat at candy stations located throughout the park. See your special event park map for treat locations.
- Halloween Decor – Main Street, U.S.A. comes alive for Halloween with special lighting, sound effects, decor and more!
- Event-Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Cards – This year’s card is themed to “Minnie Mouse’s Costume Chaos” and features Minnie, and friends Clarabelle Cow and Daisy Duck, dressed as witches. (For info on where and how to pick one up, see the original post here).
- Experience Disney Attractions – Many Magic Kingdom Park attractions will be open to guests for guests to enjoy at the party. A trip through The Haunted Mansion is a must, of course!
- Wear Halloween Costumes – Guests are welcome to wear Halloween costumes of their choosing, which make for some fun photo opps. Check out tips/guidelines here.
- Disney Halloween Merchandise – Shelves are already stocked with special Disney Halloween merchandise. Check out Steven’s full blog post for a look at this year’s selection.
- Try the New Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package – For the ultimate in “treats” consider adding a Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party, which includes viewing of both the parade and fireworks, plus delicious desserts like candy corn panna cotta, peanut butter-chocolate pretzel “witch fingers,” spiced pumpkin cheesecake brownies, peanut butter “spider” whoopie pies and more. For more details and info on how to book, visit Pam’s original post here.