With hundreds of wine tastings, parties, culinary demos, where to begin? Hosts of ABC’s “The Chew” will be there (October 7-9) to tape five episodes of the show, and two cool new Chew-themed marketplaces stretch the festival into Future World for the first time, with 30 marketplaces for sips and tastes of food from around the globe, two wines celebrating 20 years created just for the festival, whew!
Other things you won’t want to miss:
- Chef and TV personality Andrew Zimmern kicks off the first Rockin’ Burger Block Party tonight at World Showplace (you might still snag a ticket); “The Chew” celebs will be there on Oct. 8, and Cake Boss Buddy Valastro will welcome guests on Nov. 6.
- Party for The Senses – five in all this year, including a “Yelloween Masquerade Party” on Oct. 31, with up to 50 food and beverage stations and show-stopping entertainment.
- Free Eat to the Beat concerts – David Cook this weekend, coming up Chaka Khan, Wilson Phillips, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, The Pointer Sisters and more!
- Celeb chefs doing all sort of fun demos – Cat Cora, Robert Irvine, Jamie Deen and more – John Ash, who was at the very first festival in 1996, is back for the 20th. More than 250 chefs in all during the 53-day festival.
- If you’ve got a Chase debit or credit card, check out the Chase Lounge at the American Adventure pavilion for free refreshments (and a spot to take a break from the Florida fall sunshine).
- The Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog is back, a floating carpet of 900 pounds of red berries that’s fun for all ages.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt is aimed at little ones, but fun for any age. Details at the Festival Center.
Pick up a free Marketplace Discovery Passport that features pages with all 30 festival marketplaces that you can have stamped as a cool souvenir (make notes of your favorite dishes on the pages, too).
Included with Epcot Admission: Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and attractions and park entertainment.
Special Programming by Reservation: The Party for the Senses grand tasting events, and other special beverage and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) and get details at EpcotFoodFestival.com.