Over the past few months, we’ve taken you behind-the-scenes during the development of “Tangled: The Musical,” premiering aboard the Disney Magic in November. Eagle-eyed viewers may have caught a few glimpses of their favorite palace horse in this series, but today’s video is an in-depth look at how our creative team is bringing Maximus to life for the stage.
Master puppet designer Michael Curry, whose extraordinary creations are featured in Disney’s Tony Award-winning musical “The Lion King” on Broadway, has taken puppetry to a brand-new level with his incredibly lifelike interpretation of the rambunctious Maximus. In the video below, Jeff Conover from Walt Disney Imagineering joins Michael to tell us all about the role puppetry plays in this production.
What do you think—will Maximus be the “mane” attraction of every scene he’s in during “Tangled: The Musical”?
Check out the rest of this video series for more sneak peeks of the show:
- Behind the Scenes of Disney Cruise Line’s ‘Tangled: The Musical’
- Behind the Scenes: Creating the Music for ‘Tangled: The Musical’ for Disney Cruise Line
- Behind the Scenes: Designing the Costumes for ‘Tangled: The Musical’ for Disney Cruise Line
- Behind the Scenes: Recreating Rapunzel’s World for ‘Tangled: The Musical’ for Disney Cruise Line
- Behind the Scenes: Backstage at Rehearsals for ‘Tangled: The Musical’ for Disney Cruise Line