October is Vegetarian Awareness Month, and to celebrate we’ve picked the top five quick-service and top five table-service vegetarian meals served at Walt Disney World Resort restaurants. These meals make veggies the star of the plate and are tasty enough to win over carnivores, too.
Top 5 Quick-Service Vegetarian Meals
2. Lighthouse Sandwich, Columbia Harbor House, Magic Kingdom Park
Drop anchor at Columbia Harbor House for this satisfying sandwich with hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread with house-made potato chips.
3. Grilled Vegetable Sandwich, Backlot Express, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Take five with this grilled vegetable sandwich with fresh mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, tomato and watercress piled high on basil asiago artisan bread, topped with cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto. Choose from carrot sticks or fries on the side.
5. Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, Rosie’s All-American Café, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Fried green tomatoes, arugula, pepper jack cheese and jalapeño ranch dressing on ciabatta bread served with coleslaw or fries.
Top 5 Table-Service Vegetarian Meals
1. Layered Ratatouille, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Magic Kingdom Park
Oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes and caramelized onions are sliced and layered on quinoa, topped with a bell pepper sauce. It’s delicious. Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes.
2. Noodle Bowl, Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Try wok-fried coconut tofu, soy beans, sugar snap peas, bok choy and shiitake mushrooms in a red curry broth at the place to “see and be seen” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
3. Farmer Lee’s Tomato Salad, California Grill, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Perfectly ripe toy box heirloom tomatoes, tomato chips, jam, Mozzarella di Bufala, topped with charred onion vinaigrette. Pair this salad with a wood-fired flatbread or the famous Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli.
4. Vegetarian Falafel, Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, Disney’s Beach Club Resort
This falafel is served on flatbread with black olive hummus, cucumber, tomato and lettuce, and topped with a soy tzatziki-style sauce. On the side are house-made pickles and your choice of fruit or fries. Special tip: Look for a brand-new, house-made quinoa burger to hit the menu later this month.
What’s your favorite vegetarian meal at Walt Disney World Resort? Let us know in the comments below!