‘Tis the season of sweets at Epcot, with World Showcase countries showing off their sugary best starting November 30 for Holidays Around the World. While each country celebrates through special music, storytelling and dance, you’ll also find extraordinary holiday treats—most sweet, but a few savories. These goodies only last through the holidays!
Clockwise around World Showcase:
- Mexico – Sweet tamales.
- Norway – Frozen Peppermint Trifle; Traditional Rice Cream.
- China – Kaikouxiao (Happy Face Fried Cake).
- Germany – Stollen, the classic holiday fruit bread; Glühwein, a hot spiced wine; Werther’s Original specialty drinks and treats, and a German artisanal cheese plate.
- Italy – Prosecco sparkling wine and Panettone (Italian Christmas bread).
- American Adventure – Start with a peek at the edible United States Capitol Building and Washington Monument (starting December 1) made out of 50 pounds of gingerbread.
- On the promenade at American Adventure, The Sugar and Spice shop (open November 27) is the place for treats for the Candlelight Processional. You’ll find peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, holiday tree sugar cookies, hot chocolate, eggnog, hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps, and eggnog with Buffalo Trace Kentucky Bourbon.
- Japan – A savory grilled Kurobuto pork sausage with pineapple and onions and Hitachino Ginger Beer.
- Morocco – honey chocolate baklava.
- France – A classic Buche de Noel au Chocolat (chocolate Christmas log) and a special glace à la cannelle et noix de pecan caramélisées (cinnamon ice cream and caramelized pecans).
- United Kingdom – Hot applejack cider.
- Canada – Pecan maple bark.
- Promenade Refreshments – A little savory, a little sweet: a warm turkey sandwich on cranberry bread with mashed potatoes and gravy; peppermint sundae, chocolate grasshopper, hot chocolate, hot chocolate with Godiva Coffee Liqueur and Red Hook Winterhook Ale.
- Fountainview in Future World — Mickey Santa Hat Cupcake.