It’s no secret that I love cupcakes. The pastry team at Disney’s Contemporary Resort creates beautiful cupcakes, each one a work of art. (Check out how they’re made in this video!) Each month, cupcakes are themed to the season, holidays and more. To celebrate National Cupcake Day, I’ve got a sneak peek of the Contempo Café 2016 cupcake calendar:
- January (December 26 – January 30): Strawberry Cupcake with strawberry filling and buttercream icing; Vanilla Cupcake with cookies and cream filling and chocolate buttercream. Also look for a cupcake to commemorate the winner of ‘The Big Game.’
- February (January 31 – February 27): Mexican Coffee Cupcake–chocolate cake with Mexican coffee cream filling; Vanilla Cupcake with cookies and cream filling and chocolate-orange swirled vanilla buttercream. Look for a special Sweetheart Cupcake on Valentine’s Day, as well as a special cupcake to during the runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.
- March (February 28 – April 2): Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake–vanilla cake with strawberry filling and buttercream; Indiana Jones Cupcake–chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and chocolate-raspberry buttercream. Special cupcakes will also be offered on St. Patrick’s Day, as well as Easter.
- April (April 3 – April 30): Carrot Cake Cupcake with cream cheese filling and white chocolate buttercream; Indiana Jones Cupcake.
- May (May 1 – May 28): Watermelon Cupcake with watermelon cream filling and buttercream icing; Churro Cupcake–cinnamon cake with vanilla-cinnamon custard filling and vanilla buttercream. Make Mom smile with a Coconut Cream Cupcake, available only on Mother’s Day.
- June (May 29 – July 2): In addition to the Churro Cupcake, the café will serve a Pineapple Cupcake–pineapple cake with pineapple filling and raspberry buttercream. Look for a Peanut Butter Cupcake, available only on Father’s Day–vanilla cake, peanut butter and chocolate chip filling topped with peanut butter buttercream.
- July (July 3 – July 30): Cherry Cupcake with cherry filling and pistachio buttercream; Banana Flip Cupcake–vanilla cake with banana cream filling and banana buttercream. You won’t want to miss the Independence Day S’mores Cupcake—graham cracker cake with chocolate ganache filling and marshmallow buttercream—available only on July 4.
- August (July 31 – Aug. 27): Banana Flip Cupcake, as well as the Turtle Cupcake with caramel cake and chocolate-pecan filling topped with caramel-chocolate icing. On August 4, look for a Neapolitan Cupcake to celebrate the birthday of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- September (August 28 – October 1): Candy Apple Cupcake with vanilla cake and candy apple filling and buttercream; Candy Bar Cupcake with chocolate cake, peanut-caramel filling and caramel buttercream. On Labor Day (September 5), look for a special red velvet cupcake with blueberry pie filling, topped with cream cheese buttercream.
- October (October 2 – November 5): Candy Bar Cupcake, as well as the Pumpkin Cupcake with cream cheese filling, topped with cinnamon buttercream. Just for Halloween (October 23-31), look for a spooky Skeleton Cupcake.
- November (November 6 – December 3): Apple Cupcake with cinnamon cake and apple filling, topped with apple-butter rum buttercream; Villain Cupcake with vanilla cake, topped with vanilla buttercream. For Thanksgiving (November 24), look for a pumpkin cupcake with cherry pie filling and cream cheese buttercream.
- December (December 4 – December 31): In addition to the Villain Cupcake, enjoy the Eggnog Spice Cupcake with eggnog cream filling and vanilla bean buttercream. On Walt Disney’s birthday (December 5), celebrate with a Lemon Meringue Cupcake—Walt’s favorite! For the holidays (December 23 – December 25), enjoy a Mickey Santa Hat Cupcake with gingerbread cake, chocolate buttercream filling, topped with vanilla buttercream.
In addition to the cupcakes listed above, you’ll find a “Frozen“-themed cupcake every month in addition to the popular Dirt and Worms Cupcake.
How will you celebrate National Cupcake Day? Let us know in the comments below!