Still deciding on the perfect sweet treat to make this week? Our Christmas red velvet cupcakes from Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats on the Disney Dream are great for holiday gatherings. Plus, decorating the cupcakes makes for a fun family activity!
Christmas Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 15 large cupcakes
Ingredients: Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 9 Oz All Purpose Flour
- 2 Oz Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- .5 tsp. Salt
- 7 Oz Unsalted Butter
- 12 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 7 Oz Sour Cream
- 7 Tbsp. Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Red Food Color
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste (found in specialty stores or online)
- 1 tsp. Cupcake Liners
- 1 tsp. Assorted Candies for Decorating
- Sieve the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until mixture is combined.
- Mix in the sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla paste.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Place the cupcake liners into a large cupcake pan and spoon in the mixture. Bake at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the center is baked.
Ingredients: Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 Oz Cream Cheese / Softened
- 11 Oz Unsalted Butter / Softened
- 11 Oz Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste
- Beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a large plain nozzle.
- When the cupcakes are cool and ready for frosting, pipe on top of the cupcake and decorate as desired.
Find out more about Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats from my previous posts: