Since the re-imagining of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort began back in 2013, we’ve shared the amazing transformation this area has gone through, including insights into the many new restaurants and shops that have debuted.
Today we wanted to share the story Walt Disney Imagineering created that immerses guests into the rich heritage and natural beauty of Florida through unique architecture, color schemes, horticulture and more. At the heart of Disney Springs is a bubbling spring located in Town Center that represents not only the power and beauty of nature, but optimism and possibilities. More than a century ago, this spring attracted the first settlers and over time, the town of “Disney Springs” grew around the spring, eventually creating three additional neighborhoods: The Landing, Marketplace and West Side – each with its own distinct charm.
But how do you build a representation of an authentic Florida spring? The answer: research, technology and artistry. In this video, you can see the level of detail the project team went to in recreating a natural Florida spring like the ones they visited on their many research trips. In it, you’ll see how Imagineers used various shades of bright glass pieces as accent colors to make the springs glitter; how nearby live oak and cypress trees were incorporated into the design of the spring’s bank; and how sculpting added even more depth to the area. Simply amazing.
For the latest Disney Springs Food & Beverage or Merchandise news, see the list of stories below.
- New Acts Bring Fresh Energy To La Nouba By Cirque Du Soleil
- The Ganachery Chocolate Shop Now Open at Disney Springs
- Rick Bayless to Open Frontera Fresco Restaurant at Disney Springs
- New Restaurant For Celebrity Art Smith Coming to Disney Springs in Summer 2016
- Take a Look at These Chocolates From New Ganachery at Disney Springs
- The ‘Disney and Vans’ Collection is Available at Curl by Sammy Duvall at Disney Springs
- World of Disney Expands in Disney Springs Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort