Whether you’re looking for a spring break destination, summer retreat, fall getaway or winter-time warm up, a visit to the Disneyland Resort is always in season. With so much to do, you may be wondering how to make the most of your time. We’ve got you covered! Check out our top five helpful tools for planning the perfect visit.
1. Official Disneyland App – The official Disneyland App offers useful information right at your fingertips, including attraction wait times, Disney’s FASTPASS return times, maps, entertainment guides and other special features. You can also use the app to purchase tickets with your mobile device, look for character appearances and find park hours. Click here for more information.
2. Vacation Planning DVD – Preview the magical experiences that await you on your next Disneyland Resort vacation with these informative videos. To order a Disney Vacation Planning DVD, go to Disneyland.com.
3. Disneyland Express – Just 30 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and just 15 miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA), Disneyland Resort offers the Disneyland Express for easy bus transfer to the resort. Disneyland Resort Express also provides convenient transportation to Anaheim area hotels.
4. Dining Reservations – Be sure to make dining reservations for our award-winning restaurants prior to your visit to make the most of your time. And there are even special dining packages that offer guests a full-course meal and reserved viewing for “Paint the Night” parade at Disneyland park and “World of Color – Celebrate!” at Disney California Adventure park. For reservations, visit Disneyland.com/dine.
5. Social Media – Keep up with the latest updates about the Disneyland Resort and even receive live updates and answers to your questions via social media on our official channels.
- On Facebook
- On Twitter
- On Instagram
What is your go-to Disneyland Resort vacation-planning tool? Share it with us in the comments!
We love pin trading too! I haven’t been to WDW, but it seems like there are more sponsored pin trading events there than at Disneyland. However, don’t let that get you down as there are TONS of opportunities to trade! Throughout both parks and in DTD there are lots of places with pin boards, not to mention the cast members throughout with lanyards. Our favorite places are the Music Shop on Main Street, Westward Ho Trading in Frontierland, and the Little Green Men store in Tomorrowland. In Cal. Adventure, the Russian River Outfitters in front Grizzly River Run, and the Embarcadero Gift shop across from the Little Mermaid ride.
You will see lots of people with pin trading books and lanyards that like to trade as well. The serious traders can usually be found by Paradise Garden Grill (near Goofy’s Sky School) in DCA and by Rancho del Zocalo in Disneyland (in Frontierland – good breakfast there too!).
I’m sure they do this in WDW – there are quite a few cast members that will have mystery pins to trade – that is, you only see the back of the pin and you take a risk. We have gotten a couple of amazing CM only pins that way, but we also got a Hannah Montana pin (and a big laugh!) another time. Just another fun way to trade and now my daughter always has a couple of mystery pins on her lanyard.
I’ll keep an eye out for you in July!
We are planning on going to Disneyland this July for the first time. We love pin trading and are DVC members in WDW. I have heard that pin trading is not as easy in California. Is this true, if so can you give us some pointers on where and how best to trade in Disneyland and California Adventures?