The party is going strong at Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, the all-new attraction in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park! To celebrate race day in Radiator Springs, 20 of Luigi’s “cugini” (cousins) traveled all the way from Carsoli, Italy, to visit his Casa della Tires and kick off the fun.
“Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters brings fun and zippy new car characters to Cars Land. You could say that because they’re Luigi’s cousins – his ‘kin,’ if you will – they also bring exciting new kin-etics!” said Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering.
Here’s more about the newest visitors to Cars Land!
- A roadster is an open‐top automobile that seats two.
- In the style of late 1950s micro cars, Luigi’s cousins are an automobile brand called Frizzante, which was invented by Walt Disney Imagineering. Until the cousins came to town, this model had never been seen cruising down Route 66. Now, they are exclusive to Cars Land.
- Half of the roadsters are male, and half are female. You’ll notice that the males have a front-end chrome grill “moustache.”
- All of Luigi’s family members have their own names and unique looks—except for two coral-colored cars. Although they are identical sisters, Rosa has green eyes and Gina has blue eyes.
- Each roadster performs his or her own routine, offering a different ride experience depending on which car you board!
Join the celebration at Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters at Disney California Adventure park!
I rode it on Friday and I’ll be honest, while I like seeing the trackless technology in action, the Flying Tires attraction was much more fun.
Thanks Erin! I love that each car has a personality. So So special.
My daughter can’t wait to ride the “Francesca” car!!
I enjoyed Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters.
I still think it’s a shame that the flying tires didn’t work out though. I was really good at getting my tire vehicle to move around.
Can’t wait to ride them all!!