The force is strong on this ship! With the overwhelming excitement of Disney cruisers to this year’s Star Wars Day at Sea aboard the Disney Fantasy, we announced today the return of this day-long celebration in 2017. What’s more, these special Disney Fantasy sailings are expanding to both eastern and western Caribbean 7-night itineraries. They are only offered for a limited time on 15 sailings from early January through mid-April from Port Canaveral.
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Jedi training for kids, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Read on to find out more details about the intergalactic entertainment you can enjoy during Star Wars Day at Sea, and let us know in the comments what your family is most excited to experience, either for the first time or again if you’ve already joined us this year …
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and appearances of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars music.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars saga.
So excited! I just booked the 7 day western carribean cruise with the Star Wars day at sea but want to know what other themed deck parties there are specifically for the April 15th cruise as I would love to get outfits custom made for each night.
This Event available for the cruise from San Juan PR in 2017?
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple- Will ALL kids be able to participate or is like the Hollywood studios deal – where you have to go queue before parks open up? Please let me know, Thanks
Incredible…I’m going on the first cruise they stop doing it…April 22…my birthday. That stinks!
Please add 4/22/17 Eastern!
Can you share the itineraries that will be Star Wars related in 2017?
We are on the February 11th Fantasy. Can’t wait. May the force be with you.
I am so excited! We already have a January 2017 Eastern Caribbean booked and now it’s going to have Star Wars! Can’t wait!
We hope to do this later this year! 3 of my favorite things; Disney, Star Wars & The Disney Cruise. Couldn’t get any better! P.S. Hi Jonathan!!!
Which itinerary is it on?
Thanks for asking, Morgan.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral on Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8 and 15, 2017.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.