UPDATE: Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” Special Advanced Screening has reached capacity and confirmation emails are being sent. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!
He’s been visiting with Disney California Adventure park guests for the last few weeks, and now The First Avenger is getting ready to make his big-screen return in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War”! And today I’m excited to invite you, our Disney Parks Blog readers, to attend a special advanced screening of the film here at AMC Downtown Disney 12 at the Disneyland Resort on Friday, April 29.
Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.
Join the battle by showing your allegiance at this special advanced screening. Show you’re on Captain America’s team by wearing blue, and those loyal to Iron Man should wear red!
Can’t make it to the special advanced screening? Then be sure to catch Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” in theaters in 3D on May 6, 2016.
Join us the afternoon of Friday, April 29! Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:
- All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Event confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Participants will be responsible for any parking fees.
- The movie is rated PG-13.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), the Disneyland Resort, their affiliates and the theatre are not responsible for overbooking.
- We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras and phones) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to WDSMP, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.