This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn the official dates for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Blog author Charles Stovall shared that there will be 21 festive nights where guests can find one of our favorite events in Magic Kingdom Park.
- November – 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29
- December – 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 22
Tickets for both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will go on sale later this spring. Check our original story for more details.
And we also shared an important update concerning nighttime experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. With the expansion of the park, we’re excited to give guests even more opportunities to celebrate the magic of animals and nature as day turns into night. And while we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date as we give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.
We’ll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Tiffins Inventive Menu Stars Cuisine From Around the Globe, Wine List Focuses on ‘Environmentality’ – Tiffins, the newest restaurant in the Discovery Island area of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, opens this summer, and the Disney chefs have been hard at work to create inventive dishes inspired by the world travels of the park’s creators.
- First Look at Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Merchandise – When my good friend and fellow Disney Parks Blog author Rachel Bshero shared the news about the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival taking place weekends in April, I couldn’t have been more excited!
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa Welcomes the Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival – On Saturday, April 30, 2016, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, will once again be the featured venue for the Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival.
- Enjoy Breakfast, Fly With Peter Pan, Explore the Seven Dwarfs Mine and More During ‘Disney Early Morning Magic’ – Fantasyland looks even more magical in the golden light of morning, and now Disney Early Morning Magic presents a new option perfect for families who want to get an early start at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Sights and Sounds at Disney Parks: ‘Tangled: The Musical’ – The animated version of “Tangled” combines pure Disney fantasy with comedy, romance and excitement. To Disney music lovers, the movie is a marvelous musical composed by Oscar®-winning Disney Legend Alan Menken.
- Director Jon Favreau Surprises Disney Parks Blog Fans at Disney’s ‘The Jungle Book’ Special Advanced Screening at the Disneyland Resort – This weekend, 400 Disney Parks Blog readers enjoyed a special advanced screening of Disney’s “The Jungle Book” here at AMC Downtown Disney 12 at the Disneyland Resort. And before the film rolled, they were greeted by the film’s director, Jon Favreau, who made a surprise appearance at the screening!
- It’s Time To Pack for runDisney Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side – Are you ready to rule the galaxy at the inaugural runDisney Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side at Walt Disney World Resort? We’ve put together dark side-inspired looks to pack for the weekend and give you unlimited power.
- Disney Parks Fans Select March Magic 2016 Champion – Congratulations to the Hollywood Tower Hotel Bellhops from Walt Disney World Resort for being selected as the ultimate Disney attraction during the March Magic 2016 challenge.
- What is BB-8 Doing? – It looks like BB-8 has discovered something new. What do you think he is doing? Leave your guesses in the comments, and keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog to see a unique look at what BB-8 has found! I have a good feeling about this …