This week, we celebrated the official groundbreaking of our Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida with an exclusive 360-degree photo, produced with help from our friends at Littlstar, from the 14-acre construction site at Disneyland park.
In these all-new lands, guests will be transported to a never-before-seen planet inhabited by humanoids, droids and many others. Star Wars-themed lands will be the largest-ever single-themed land expansions at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. Check out our original story for more details.
And at the Walt Disney World Resort, we shared an update that you have even more opportunities to customize how you make FastPass+ selections — even while exploring and enjoying the parks. Guests can choose individual FastPass+ experiences and times, make one, two or three advance FastPass+ selections and even add an additional FastPass+ selection via MyDisneyExperience after redeeming the first three. Visit this week’s story for more details and a new video on the enhancements.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- By the Numbers: ‘Paint the Night’ Parade at Disneyland Park – “Paint the Night” parade, part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, has quickly become a fan favorite at Disneyland park. With its bright lights and catchy music, the parade is a dazzling end to a magical day at the park. And it’s got some pretty dazzling numbers, too! Let’s take a look.
- Disney Cruise Line Unveils New Itineraries for Summer 2017 – Today we announced our itineraries for the summer of 2017, including first-time visits to new destinations in Alaska and Europe, in addition to a return to Norway, the British Isles, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the Bahamas.
- New Merchandise is the Right Fit for Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa – I love the outdoors, in particular when it involves a Hawaiian island – waves lapping gently on the shore and palm trees swaying in the breeze. There’s no denying that Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, is the perfect place to take this all in. But what will you wear? I’ve got you covered.
- Wildlife Wednesday: ‘Party for the Planet’ on Earth Day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! – Who’s ready to party for the planet? Next Friday, April 22, is Earth Day, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host Party for the Planet presented by Disneynature. Throughout the day, guests are encouraged to connect with nature by engaging in fun activities in every land of the park.
- Night of Joy at Walt Disney World 2016: Tickets On Sale Now – For the last couple of weeks, we’ve been updating you about this year’s exciting plans for Night of Joy event. Well, I’m excited to finally announce that tickets are ON SALE NOW!
- Special Dining for Mother’s Day on May 8 at Disneyland Resort – Treat mom to a fun-filled day at Disneyland Resort, with plenty of delicious dining options to make the day extra special.
- Invictus Games Orlando 2016 Opening Ceremony Details Announced – We have more details to share with you about the upcoming Invictus Games Orlando 2016 coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort next month.