I often hear friends of mine saying how difícil it is to travel with their tweens, and although I can’t relate since I have an 18-month old baby boy, I always tell them that Walt Disney World Resort has everything and more for their tweens and teens.
When planning your vacaciones, your tweens might want to be independent: taking selfies with their friends, instead of mamá y papá. But they also want to have experiences with the familia, like a delicious and fun meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
So if your pre-teen or teenager fits that description, know that Walt Disney World Resort is the perfect place for them.
Here are the top reasons why:
- Thrilling attractions like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park
- A lot of shopping and entertainment options at Disney Springs
- Water! From our two water parks, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach to Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park, Walt Disney World Resort has plenty of options to cool down during the warm summer
- Everything Star Wars at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including an encounter with the newest villain Kylo Ren
- Lovable and very photogenic characters: Whether it’s Baymax, Joy and Sadness, or Mickey and Minnie, your tweens will never be too old to take photos with their favorite Disney characters.
For more information on planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort with your Tween, check out www.disneyworld.com/Tweens. You can also check out the tween posts from my colleague Raquel Giorgio, who’s our #DisneyTween expert.
You’re so right about the selfies and characters with older kids. My daughter did duck face selfie with Donald Duck and while I may have rolled my eyes at the time, it turned out to be an adorable photo that makes me smile!