Just as we wrap the final weeks of the fabulous 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, we’re already getting excited about the debut of the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, opening on Sept. 14 and continuing a record 62 days, through Nov. 14.
We’ve already been tasting the dishes for the 30-plus global marketplaces, from a new beef brisket and pimento cheese sandwich for Hops & Barley to surprisingly delicious vegan Greek nachos. And anyone for a hard soda ice-cream float?
Look for new hands-on experiences with chefs, bakers and mixologists in the Festival Center, and a new cooking school (details to come).
Celebrity chefs are back, already on this year’s roster are Jamie Deen, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Masaharu Morimoto, Elizabeth Faulkner, Norman Van Aken and Cat Cora.
And once you’re happily sated, the free Eat to the Beat concerts at America Gardens Theatre are the perfect way to end the day – Wang Chung opens the concert series Sept. 14-15. Eight new acts will join the lineup, and favorites are back, including Wilson Phillips and Boyz II Men.
A few things you might like to know:
- The Festival Private Label California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are back, available by the bottle or glass.
- Chef Remy of “Ratatouille” returns with his fun-for-the-family culinary scavenger hunt.
- Chase debit and credit card members attending the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase – including Disney Visa card members — will find complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments, a charging station and comfortable seating to relax at the Chase Lounge at American Adventure.
- Included with Epcot admission are the Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Festival Passport and all attractions and entertainment.
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events with a new theme each week, Rockin’ Burger Block Parties, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. When a reservation booking date is announced this summer, guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) and get details at epcotfoodfestival.com.
when are going to have the complete line up!!! people are waiting for this to make reservations!!! you won’t have an accurate tracking of reservations made at restaurants/hotels etc because everybody is double booking and will change/cancel when we know when we are going depending of who is the artist we want to see!!!! why is this so difficult disney?? every year the same thing….
It’s already almost middle of July and no word on Hanson!! Aghhh. When will we find out????
Where the heck is the lineup? I want to know whether or not Hanson is performing this year!!
Do we have a list for the Concert Performers yet?
I can’t believe that we are almost 90 days from the start of the eat to the beat concert and we still don’t know who coming on some of the dates. We plan our vacation every year in November to see Boyz 2 Men, and we still don’t know what’s going on. We’ve had to double book our dining reservations because they still don’t have a completed list. Disney ask you to book your dining 6 months in advance to be guaranteed a place to eat, yet they don’t have the concert series together or even some of the parade schedules out yet. So again people that is wanting dining reservations that can’t get them, it’s because people have to double book because 90 days before things start, we don’t even have the schedules!!
Does anyone know when the Party for the Senses tickets will be available and where can they be purchased?
We’re all booked for our trip to FWF! Taking some first timers with us, too. When will reservations for the events open up? We have to do another pairing meal this time. We did the one in Italy a few years ago and loved it. We don’t want to miss out this year.
Like Rachel Albert, I’m glad to see that there will be another vegan offering. I would love to see at least one at each booth.
Will the Gardein booth be back this year?
Glad to hear there will be at least one new vegan dish! Hope to see more options for vegetarians (besides desserts) this year- maybe even at least one option at each pavilion?
Yes….the full line up dates please..is Chaka Khan returning again?
When will the full list of the Eat to the Beat concerts be released? I’m hoping Hanson’s there again!
Will Hanson be back this year for eat to the beat?!? ?